Sunday 11 May 2014

Signs and symbols

Let's talk about signs and symbols. I love signs and symbols. So yesterday, during morning meditation a sign came to me, and, may I say, a very unusual sign. Not one to be encountered in suburbia. I'll be specific; I "saw" an image of a leopard. And I knew I would encounter that signal (the leopard) during the day if I stay aware of it. Of course I knew that I might not physically come across one unless I left the city (and I had no plans to do so yesterday), and although I had no idea how, I knew I that in some shape or form, the leopard would "come" to me.

So what happened? During the first - the very first - conversation I walked into yesterday morning, this guy was telling a story of a leopard he came across the week before. He was talking about the footprints. Okay, my cue to pay attention!

Now of course this is not about the leopard. Yes, the leopard represents something to me - it is a symbol for me, but that's over and above the point I want to bring across. It really is about a clue - during morning meditation I was given a clue to watch out for throughout the day. I say I was "given", but it came from within me, that place of knowing, of wisdom and eternal knowing, that which we often ignore. And yes I guess I was fortunate to arrive at it so quickly; like I said the first morning conversation I heard.

So what did the clue tell me? Well I don't know that. Yet. It may not be important for me to know now, it will be revealed later. But what I did do was pay very close attention to the conversation, exchange details and alerted myself to the knowing that these people had something to share or do or add value in my life. I became acutely aware and made mental notes. This was not just a time-filler conversation (well, maybe for them, but not for me!)

Now before you think this blog post a bit too airy-fairy, consider for a moment all the rituals, symbols and signs we come across during our daily lives. If it is external, we believe it, but when it comes from us, we often put it down as dreams, figments of imagination, wishful thinking, or even paranoia. Some sceptics even say "Well, you will see what you want to see." And I totally agree! You WILL see what you believe, NOT the other way around! Its what you do WHEN you see it that matters.

My sign yesterday was to pay very close attention to when the "leopard" appeared and I did. That's all I have for now...

Love and light,

Celeste

No comments:

Post a Comment